I. Information We Collect On the Site and How We Use It
You can visit our Web Site and learn about the services we provide without providing personal information. You do need to provide personal information, however, to sell or bid on items. We do not collect any personal information on the Site unless you provide it voluntarily. However, certain non-personally identifiable information, such as IP address, is collected automatically from every Site visitor, even if not voluntarily provided.
We collect and use personal information in the specific ways listed below and generally to improve our Site and services to you, as well as to meet our legal obligations. We also use personal information you provide for other purposes consistent with the reason you provide such information to us.
1. Registration and Auction Information. Our Site's registration process requires users to provide us valid and accurate contact information including name, address, phone number, and email address (collectively, “Registration Information”).
We collect certain information submitted during transactions on the Site based on your activities, including bidding, buying and selling, as well as shipping and billing information, and other information you provide in connection with buying or shipping an item (collectively, “Auction Information”). We may also collect certain personal information that you provide through correspondence or dispute resolution.
Registration Information, Auction Information and other personal information that you provide may be used in the following ways:
- For fraud protection at the time of registration;
- To send you auction-related notifications about transactions you carry out on the Site;
- If and when you bid on an item, to share your name, address, telephone number, email address and bid information with the seller to facilitate the transaction;
- If and when you list an item for sale, to share your contact information, including name, address, email address, telephone number and item detail, with bidders to facilitate the transaction;
- To perform our billing, administration and collections functions (and to contact you when necessary about these functions);
- To report information about your account, including late payments, missed payments or other delinquencies or defaults on your accounts, to credit reporting bureaus;
- To communicate with you and carry out actions requested by you (such as subscriptions to newsletters); and
- When facilitating the investigation of fraud or illegal activity, to share information with law enforcement or other governmental agencies or authorized third parties when requested pursuant to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose you, us or another Site user to legal liability.
2. Financial Information. For Sellers, if you list items on the Site, we collect financial information including credit card number, expiration date, and billing address. Financial information is used to bill you for transactions you carry out on the Site and to collect on fees and debts incurred through the use of the Site. If your account is past due and collection must be pursued, your contact and financial information may be shared with collection agents and/or credit reporting agencies. We share financial information with non-affiliated third parties to facilitate the completion of auction transactions as specified above, to respond to subpoenas, for other legal compliance purposes, and for billing and collections. For Bidders/Buyers, we collect financial information including credit card number, expiration date, and billing address when you formally register to bid on listed items. Financial information is used only to verify your registration information and identify you a a "real person". This is to protect our sellers against "scam" bidders/buyers. At not time will any fees be charged against your credit card.
3. Information Requests. We may ask you to provide personal information in order to allow us to respond to your requests for information or other requests made over the Site.
4. Emails from MILPARTS.com. Any email messages generated by the Site result directly from the User's actions (such as registration information, confirmation of placing a bid, confirmation of listing an item, or the user’s choice to subscribe to certain communications), or as necessary to inform you of changes to the Site or events related to the Site, or changes to the Site rules or policies. Users may opt-out of receiving many future mailings; see the section below entitled “Communications from the Site and Your Choices.”
5. Non-personal information. We automatically collect your IP address when you visit our Site. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Site. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information, and to track usage patterns in the Site. We also may collect geo-location information, device identification number and type, computer and connection information, statistics about page views and standard web log information. We do not correlate this information with data about individual users.
You can decide if and how your computer will accept cookies by configuring your preferences option within your web browser. To disable this function in your web browser, choose the “help” menu and follow the instructions for deleting cookies and preventing your browser from downloading additional cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, you can still browse our Site, but you may be unable to post on the Site or use the Site as a buyer or seller, or otherwise to access certain aspects of the services available on the Site. We do not store personal or confidential information in cookies.
7. General Uses. In addition to the foregoing, we will use your personal information as specifically described on the Site at the time of collection. We may also use your information internally to customize your experience with our company and our Site (for example, adapting the Site to your browser), to help us develop new products and services, to verify your identity, to collect debts or fees owed to us, or to investigate or settle inquiries or disputes, and for other legally required or permissible purposes.
II. How We Share Your Information
We do not sell or rent your personal information collected on the Site to non-affiliated third parties unless you have opted into such sharing.
We do not share your personal information with any third parties for such third parties’ marketing purposes, unless you have opted into such sharing.
III. Communications From the Site and Your Choices
The Site sends three types of email communications: (1) notifications related to auction activity, (2) 'Saved Search' notifications, and (3) opt-in newsletters and promotional email messages.
(1) Auction Activity. Notifications related to auction activity are generated as a result or registering as a user of the Site, bidding on items, or listing items for sale. These notifications can include bid confirmations, winning bidder notices, item listing confirmations, item sold notifications, monthly statements, billing messages and other notifications related to activity on the Site. You cannot opt out of receiving notifications related to auction activity; however, if you do not bid nor list items and your account balance is zero you will not receive any such notifications from the Site.
If you are a registered buyer or seller on the Site we may send you certain notices, such as notices of a substantial change in the policies and/or operation of the Site. These notices are sent infrequently and cannot be opted out of other than by closing your account with us
(2) Promotional Messages. Opt-in newsletters and promotional email messages are mailing lists that you choose to subscribe to during auction registration or by using various opt-in pages or forms on the Site. You may change your preferences for these promotional messages at any time by logging into My Account > Account > Details and deselecting the “Newsletter” preference. All such lists are 100% opt-in; in other words you will never receive any newsletter or promotional email from the Site unless you have specifically elected to be on the applicable email list. You may opt out of these mailings at any time and we have made it very easy to do so
IV. Children’s Privacy
The Site is not intended for or directed to persons less than 18 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about children, and we do not knowingly market our services to children. If you are under 18 years of age, do not use the Site.
V. For Persons Outside the United States
The Site has reasonable security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. When you submit sensitive information via our Sites, such as credit card information, that information is subject to secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information during transmission, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe (including your account password), log out of your account after use, and close your web browser. If you do share your password or personal information with anyone, you are responsible for all actions taken in your account’s name. If you lose control of your password, you may lose considerable control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Because of this, if the security of your password has been compromised in any way, you are responsible for immediately notifying us and for changing your password.
You can review your personal information by logging into our Site, and you should act to update it promptly upon changes in your personal information or to correct any errors in it. You might not be able to alter or delete a public posting once you make it. At your request, we will close your account and make your personal information not publicly viewable as soon as reasonably possible, in accordance with applicable law.
VII. Other Site-Related Items
2. Other Sites. The Site may contain links to the websites of third parties. We are not responsible for and have no liability for the privacy policies or practices of those websites. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
3. Submissions. Suggestions, materials or other intellectual property sent or transmitted to us via our Site are governed by the separate terms applicable to such materials identified at the time of submission (if any). All such items shall be deemed to be non-confidential, and we shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such items and shall be free to use and distribute them to others without limitation, including, but not limited to developing and marketing products incorporating them.
IX. Contacting Us
You may review, update and modify your Registration Information by logging in and visiting My Account > Account on the Site. You may also change your communications preferences by visiting My Account > Account > Details in order to unsubscribe from or opt in to certain email communications from the Site.
If you have any concern about the privacy practices of the Site, please contact us at following address with a detailed description, and we will try to resolve it.
Military Parts Corporation
35 Pinecroft Road
Anniston, Alabama 36201
You can contact us via the website’s Contact Us page.
Effective Date: July 9, 2014
Copyright © 2019 Military Parts Corporation